Thursday, September 19, 2013

sweet 16

16 years ago today, we got married.
Steve's Grandpa Lorenzo married us in the Oakland Temple.  
This is our first anniversary without Grandpa Lorenzo.
We love him and miss him. 
 Here are some notes my sister gave me after the wedding--words of wisdom from Grandpa: 
Prayer brought you together.
Needs of family outweigh the needs of self.
Synergy: Combine two good things to make something better.
2 areas of responsibility differ-
man--caring for the needs of family
woman--early nurturing of children
Everything else equal responsibility.
I am not sure how we were both so smart to make such a good, solid decision about getting married.  I am just really glad we did.  We must be descendents of some very wise people.
 
We laughed so much tonight looking through the scrapbook of our
first couple years together. 
The belts, the clothes, the vests, the hair!!!
Girbaud jeans anyone?  Overalls?  Long sweaters and turtlenecks?
How did we celebrate tonight?  Steve took all the kids to Jake's soccer practice so I could do a class at the gym, and I am doing this blog post while he's at a soccer game.  Although that might sound a little funny for an anniversary night, I think it shows that we get each other.
And that is something to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment