Saturday, June 7, 2014

40!!!

by Emmy
To celebrate 40, I wanted to do something big.  Something for me.  Something that I love.  So I decided to run a half marathon on the morning of my birthday.
Now, I don't necessarily love half marathons.  But I do love the challenge and the sense of accomplishment with running one.  And it was a beautiful day!  Sunny and perfect.  I started at Marymoor Park in Redmond and ran 13.1 miles to South Cove in Issaquah.
Steve and Drew started with me at Marymoor and rode with me until I left the Park.  Then they met me at mile 10 on the trail and refilled my water.  It was perfect!  The last 3 miles they drove in the truck and stopped and cheered here and there.  Having them there was the best!
3 more miles to go!!
The only thing that was missing were the photos from my life posted at every mile, but I guess Steve just ran out of time with that one.
It was easily my favorite half marathon I've done.  My music was awesome (thanks Jake), the day was gorgeous, the trail was beautiful, I was healthy, and happy to be running--truly a celebration.  It was the BEST way to start out #40!

1 comment:

  1. So awesome! I love it! Perfect birthday celebration for you!

    ReplyDelete