Sunday, August 24, 2014

seawheeze 2014...

or in other words: the best weekend EVER!
And oh yeah, my birthday gifts to myself:
 done

done 

and done!

The weekend was so much fun.  All of my favorite things packed into a few days with my very favorite person.

We shopped at the Seawheeze store (crazy people in there), 

volunteered at the race (packet pickup = a t-shirt and free lunch!!) , 

ran the race (my best and favorite half marathon to date, completed with an 8:45 pace), 

sat by the pool and read (jumped in the hot tub, too), 
pool water in front, bay water behind

had a massage (too short), ate out (no dishes, yay!), and got some yummy gelato at the very popular Bella Gelateria a block from our hotel.  Yep, all my favorite things.

And although this was my idea and my big birthday wish, Steve managed to have some fun, too.  He played a little golf at the pre-race activities, rode his bike and cheered me on at several points the first 6 miles of the race and then went on his own ride, and enjoyed wearing his voluncheer shirt. :)
Definitely a weekend to remember and a 40th birthday summer I won't forget!
August 23, 2014
Vancouver, B.C.

3 comments:

  1. What a way to spend celebrating the big 4-0!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ask Esteve..."Did you hit the ball the wrong way?" (but you have to ask it in a British (or British Columbian (as in British Columbia, Canada (as in Penticton))) accent)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job lady! How fun!!! and swag to boot! ;)

    ReplyDelete