Thursday, December 22, 2016

grateful

Today I am grateful.  It's 60 degrees and sunny, Jake is finished with his finals BEFORE the break, the girls are done with school and happy, we are moving in a week, we are thrilled with our new house, they found renters and we don't have to pay any more rent, most of my Christmas shopping is done, my neighbor gifts are nearly done, and Drew and I spent a half hour in Emmy's third grade classroom today singing CHRISTMAS carols!!  Christmas carols!!!  In school!!!

Mrs. Lim played the piano with NO music, and we sang and sang and sang!!  Christmas carols!  And then people said, "Merry Christmas" to us as we were leaving the school.  I just loved it.

I am SO grateful and feel extremely blessed today.

My heart and thoughts go out to those who are suffering.  Our dear friend, Sabrina Larsen, who just discovered she has brain cancer, sweet little Amelia Nievaard, born with spina biffida, Julie Shriber, who is suffering from heart issues, and Bro. Regan Clark who is recovering from a kidney surgery gone awry.

There are ups and there are downs, but the one thing that is constant is Heavenly Father's love for us.  He is aware of us.  He has a plan for us.  It might be easier to feel that way when things are going well, but it is ALWAYS there.  Today I am grateful.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like things are going great in Pleasanton! One of these days we are going to make it back out there and show our kids where we lived for the first years of our marriage. I love Pleasanton and it's my #1 choice to live if I was given the choice. :)

    ReplyDelete