Sunday, November 16, 2014

fourteen

Happy 14th birthday, Jake!

To celebrate, we watched Jake play in 3 tournament games!  One on Friday and two on his birthday.  They lost every game, but Jake did awesome!  It is pretty cool because this is his first year on Issaquah Select basketball.
Saturday night we had dinner with Grandma and Grandpa Johnson, who drove over for the festivities, and Aunt Jenny.  Uncle Gary drove over on Sunday, which was so nice of him, too.
Sunday was also a special day for Jake because he was ordained a Teacher in the Aaronic Priesthood.  It was a special day for me because he and I played a piano duet in Sacrament Meeting!
Jake is just one cool kid.  We couldn't ask for a better son, brother, or teenager.
I love celebrating all of the birthdays in our family, but I always think about how on November 15, 2000, we officially became parents.  Thanks for choosing us, Jake.

2 comments:

  1. A Teacher...I still remember when our kiddos started Kindergarten. He is a great kid. Happy Birthday Jake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Jake! I remember his birthday well, and loved being around you guys when he was just a baby. He did my soul good. However, it looks like Jake might have to start standing in the back row for pictures!

    ReplyDelete