Monday, March 16, 2015

check, please

Date:  March 16, 2015

Pay to the order of:  The City of Issaquah

Amount: Four thousand five hundred and no cents ($4,500.00)

Signed:  Jake Hoopes

Memo:  Scoreboard for Tibbetts Field
With Ross Hoover, Scoutmaster Jim Feltis and Mayor Fred Butler
"My name is Jake Hoopes and I’m an 8th grader at Pacific Cascade Middle School.

Last Spring when I was playing baseball, I got an idea for my Eagle Scout project when I was at Tibbetts Field.  I noticed there was no scoreboard so I decided to raise money for the City of Issaquah to buy a scoreboard for the field. 
In order to raise over $4000, I had to approach different groups for donations.  Especially my grandpa, who contributed to all of my fundraisers.  Besides him, there were 167 who donated.
I did 3 main fundraisers.  
With Zach and Kelly Zarling
First, my baseball team helped me sell car wash tickets.

Second, In October I made pizza dough and sold it to my church family, the Highlands ward of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and some neighbors.

Lastly, I finished off my fundraising with selling first aid kits to the Issaquah Little League families.
I am very happy I was able to raise enough money and I’m very thankful for the many generous people who helped.  Thank you also to Mr. Ross Hoover at the City of Issaquah who helped me along the way."
 
WOO HOO!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Super exciting! Congratulations Jake and very very well done! You should be proud.

    ReplyDelete