Saturday, March 16, 2013

7 years

It's been 7 years since we moved to Issaquah.  7 years!!  It seems like every March I do a post about moving to Seattle.  I probably need to stop that now (I think it's time).  I really don't plan to do many more of these.  Maybe on our 10 year anniversary or something like that.  Mostly I wanted to write about Seattle so I could show off Jake's sweet socks (www.skylinesocks.com). 

Anyway, we love it here.  For so many reasons!!   Seattle gets a bad rap for some things.  Mostly the weather.  I did a little research and found that :

Average yearly rainfall in Seattle is 36.2 inches (92 cm), compared to 19.5 inches (50 cm) in San Francisco, 34.5 (88 cm) in Chicago, 39 inches (99 cm) in Washington, DC and 40.3 inches (102 cm) in New York City.

We don't think the rain here is that bad!  Too much sunshine can be a little annoying, too.  It's so hard to see outside, yet every particle of dust and smudge on the cupboards and floor is completely visible.  Sun causes skin cancer, too.  Sun also makes swingsets and slides too hot to sit on or slide down. 

Seattle basically has everything you need.  The temple is close, there is every store you could want, Broadway, baseball, football, and hopefully soon--basketball!  And with any luck, Jimmer Fredette will still be a part of that.

To be fair, there are some things that drive me nuts about this place.  For example, plastic bags were just banned in all grocery stores in Issaquah, but marijuana was legalized.  Hmm...go figure that one out.  And I've already mentioned that Washington drivers can't merge.  Or think it's illegal. 

Overall, though, we are super happy to be here.  We kinda see ourselves here for a really long time.

3 comments:

  1. We're super glad you moved here! And John totally wants a pair of those socks for his birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am debating if we can still be friends...there is no such thing as too much sun! Good thing I love you so much :) And those socks are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jodee, I have to agree with you! We LOVE The sun! We are excited to come to Seattle and enjoy the good things!

    ReplyDelete