Saturday, March 9, 2013

no fame & no fortune

One Sunday afternoon during the Summer, we had a photography team from the Church come to our house to take pictures of our family just doing family stuff.  The photos can show up anywhere on the LDS websites or in the magazines.  We haven't seen any of ourselves until recently.  A friend pointed us out in the January 2013 issue of the New Era.  If you look really closely, we are in the 3rd row of pictures, smack in the middle.  We are praying with our home teachers.  I guess I can't complain...it is kinda fun to see part of us in a Church magazine.  But wouldn't you know it--you can see our home teachers (pink tie, blue shirt--it really is hard to see) better than US.  Our home teachers who happen to come that month. 
Our cute friends up the street have had a little better luck--they have appeared on the Facebook Mormon Channel several times:


(top left; bottom right)






It reminds me of the only other time we had a chance to be in a magazine.  We saw some other cute friends in a big beautiful spread, and I think one or two Hoopes' heads were in a tiny, tiny picture somewhere near the end.  (Unfortunately I couldn't find a copy of that one).

I'm seeing a pattern here.

1 comment:

  1. So fun. I love seeing the Browns. And I can't wait to watch those videos with you guys in them...I can't believe I have famous friends. Do you become kind of famous when your friends are famous? :)

    This post about your tiny picture reminds me of Mike on Monsters Inc. Love it.

    ReplyDelete